Sunday, November 17, 2013

Information processing

I will have a lesson where I teach breathing techniques.  To get my students attention I will have a comic on the board about breathing and then ask them questions about breathing and why its important. I will then teach them the proper way to breath then I will practice with them (rehearsal).  I will then explain that to remember what it feels like to breath properly imagine you are wearing an inner tube around your stomach and that it needs to be inflated all the way around, but just in the front.  This is an example of encoding because the students are getting an analogy to use when thinking about breathing.

Attention quote, comic, music videos,
Rehearsal: practice
Encoding: use analogy, pictures, mnumonics, elaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment