Monday, November 11, 2013

Behaviorism: Shaping

Explain how you would shape students' behavior/skill/knowledge for something specific in your content area. Be sure to explain how you would reinforce students' efforts along the way. You may use either form of shaping: reinforcing successive approximations and/or breaking the task into smaller chunks and reinforcing for each chunk. BE SPECIFIC!!!

Beginners B flat scale

I want my beginning students to be able to play a B flat scale.
1.  I will first have the students learn B flat, C and D and reward them with points for learning those. With every point they earn the students will become closer to having a free quiz (20 points) where they can get a perfect score on a quiz no matter how well they played.
2.  Then I will have the students learn E flat F and G and reward them for completing B flat, C, D, E flat, F, and G. I will reward the students for doing all of the notes.
3.  Then I will teach the students A and the higher B flat.  I will only reward them for completing the whole scale. 
4.  I will shape students as they learn the other scales and different octaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment