Monday, December 9, 2013

Constructivism

To teach with the 5 Es Model I would:

1. Engage:  To engage my students I will start off class by playing a popular song for them. (It could be "Wrecking Ball" or "Imagine" or something popular that they will be interested in)
2. Explore: I will hand out the lyrics and a worksheet. I will ask my students to explore the lyrics and develop meanings behind why the writer chose those words and how they may effect society.
3.  Explain: I will then ask the students to pair off and explain what they came up with and why.
4.  Elaborate: After hearing others opinions I will ask them to elaborate on their answer and dig deeper into the meaning of the song.
5.  Evaluate: Then I will have the students evaluate themselves on how well they discovered meaning and write it on their worksheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment